Saturday, 27 April 2013
Few Tips for take care of your nail
When it comes to personal grooming, nail care is very important. Just think about a woman with properly applied makeup and with most fashionable clothes, but has been careless about her nails. Do you think she will really look good with dirty nails and damaged nail polish? No, she will not because nails are essential part of our beauty. Indeed it would be better if we give some more attention to nail care. Undoubtedly getting your nails done professionally is worth the money but for most of us, booking and keeping a regular appointment is next to impossible. So, it is better to take care of your nail by some home remedies. Here are some essential tips on nail care which would definitely help you a lot.
(1) Keep your nails and hands well moisturized. Moisturizers containing collagen and vitamin E are quite good for our nails. Moisturizers are most effective when we apply them after soaking our nails in warm water and patting dry.
(2) When you moisturize your nails, gently push back your cuticles. Do not cut them.
(3) Regular filing is very essential to keep our nails healthy. File your nails in one direction only, not back and forth. Keep toenails clipped straight across, not curved or pointed, to avoid ingrown toenails. Also, do not clip toenails too short or clip them in at the sides.
(4) Use a fine-textured emery board instead of metal nail file as metal files are too hard for our nails.
(5) However, manicure is quite good for our nails but do not manicure your nails too frequently or do not apply nail products too often.
(6) If you apply nail polish on a regular basis, take them off for a day or two every week. It will allow letting your nails breath.
(7) If you do not like nail polish, apply dry soap to your nail and buff or you can use lemon peel for a similar result.
(8) Regular massaging with coconut oil or costar oil will add shine to your nails.
(9) If you are going to do manicure, dip your nails in a cup of warm water with one spoon of lemon juice before giving yourself a manicure.
(10) Put your fingertips in half a lemon and twist your finger back and forth to clean the nails and cuticles.
(11) Never bite your nails. Do not use them as snooping tools.